Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Memory Card Error

I just acquired a retired from use K100 D camera. It was getting more difficult to find a processor for my Pentax AF 35mm.

The camera came with a body and lens, that's it. No batteries, SD card, manual, case etc. I've ordered out a manual.

After installing a set of new batteries, an 8gb Ultra SDHC card I got the Memory Card Error. Any suggestions for this newbie?

08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #2

Download and install the firmware version 1.02 update - or use a standard SD card (which you will probably need to install the update anyway)
08-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You may need to update the firmware with a non-SDHC card to be able to use SDHC cards, assuming your current firmware version is less than 1.02. You can check the firmware version by holding down the menu button while powering on the camera.

Here's the 1.02 firmware download:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Here's our upgrade tutorial:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You may need to update the firmware with a non-SDHC card to be able to use SDHC cards
That is generally true, but an SDHC card can be used if you split it into two partitions - the first one no larger than 2GB. Leave the second partition unformatted. After the firmware update, the card can be restored to a single large volume again.