Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2014, 04:46 AM   #16

Original Poster
Now everything is cleaner. Once again thanks for the incredible help and for the advices.

Now i will be praying to be lucky and get a pentax k5ii before they get out of the market.

08-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sjaramillovilla Quote
Hi, i have a question that could be a little silly. I'm want to buy a pentax camera, a k-50 or a k-5ii if my wallet can handle it. Long story short, canon has EFS and EF format, nikon has DX and FX format, then i know which lenses are for aps-c and which lenses are for full frame sensor. In pentax i cant realize if there are some for aps-c and some for FF, for now i only see lenses made for FF sensor that will be putted in aps bodies. Have pentax a line of lenses made for his aps.c sensor or all of them are made for an unexistent Full frame body?

Thanks for the help...
In pentax it is really quite simple,

For pentax lenses,
all DA lenses are cropped sensor, although many may also cover full frame, and in zooms some cover full frame for a part of the zoom range
DFA lenses are FA lenses with extra coatings on the rear elements to minimize glare from the sensor, but are otherwise full frame
FA, F, A, M, and the original SMC pentax lenses are all full frame as they are film lenses.
Sigma lenses are DG for digital full frame, DC for cropped sensors, no designation means they predate digital and are full frame
Tamron lenses are Di for full frame and Dii for cropped sensors.
08-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #18
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
They're called 35mm SLRs
That was well said, I couldn't see it coming.