Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #1

Macro with wide angle lens??

I am new to owning a DSLR camera and have a Pentax K-30. It came with a 18-55 dal lens. I also have from a point and shoot camera , a Macro lens that a wide angle 0.45x wide angle lens screws into. The part that has Macro written on it screws into the end of my pentax 18-55 lens ,but not the part that has 0.44x wide angle. The Macro kinda acts like an adapter. When I discovered I could put the Macro and wide angle together and screw it into the 18-55 lens I noticed I could get a wider view ,kinda panoramic. I discovered this by accident.. Is this how these lenses are suposed to go or should the wide angle lens also screw into the 18-55 lens?
Being they are two different lenses It seems that they shouds each be used independently of each other if I want them to, but being they are from another camera I am not sure.
With the two lenses together and screwed into the 18-55 the photos come out very nice .
Any help will be appreciated,Thanks

08-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Eeeer - Certainly sounds interesting !
As for advice - as long as no harm ( damage ) is being done , my advice would be to take some pictures and see what the results are ..

If you wish to take macro with the kit lens , buy a +4 or +8 close focus filter , this will give you decent Macro capability .
08-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They supposed to be used as you are doing it. i.e. Macro alone for close focusing, and both together for wider view.
08-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks , I have been googleing these lenses and it apears that the wide angle has to be used with the macro which some call the adapter. Yes the photos turned out very nice.

08-21-2014, 06:02 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great - that's a fine cost-effective use of those adapters. Some of them are better than others and it sounds like you got a good one. You never know until you try, after all.