Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Help with Optio -- shutter/focus wearing out?

I bought a second-hand Optio RS1500 a year & a half ago; it has worked ok till recently. However, there now seems to be a lag on the shutter. When I start to push the button, the little white focus rectangle turns green as it's supposed to, but when I depress the button fully to shoot, the rectangle turns white & jumps back to its start configuration/position, and there is sometimes a significant lag until the shot fires.
Also, the timer seems to be crapping out. Again, I push the shutter, the counter starts, but when I let go the shutter, the counter stops, the focus un-focuses & it doesn't shoot.
In some of these cases where it shoots with a lag, the thing that is supposed to be in focus is not, because the focus has jumped off & I get the background in focus. It has ruined a bunch of photos this way
Sometimes, it works. I haven't been able to identify any consistent pattern, e.g. battery charge, type of lighting, focus type selection, flash on/off, whatever.
The rest of the functions seem to be ok -- it downloads, displays photos, turns on & off etc. etc.
It's got about 7000 shots on it.

Any advice...?

08-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
...really? Nobody???