Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I leave the SR on all of the time. If the shutter speed is really fast, it doesn't need SR, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the quality of the photos. If I am on a tripod, I usually use mirror lock up or 2 second timer and those settings automatically turn off the SR. This is the big place you don't want to use SR, because if you leave it on, the camera tries to compensate for movements that aren't there and can actually introduce shake. Or so I have been told.

08-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kchamber4 Quote
Does anyone know if using RF on the K3 will automatically turn off Shake Reduction as Johnyates indicated above on his K5?
If "RF" means the infrared remote control, then yes, this setting disables Shake Reduction on the K-3 (page 47 of your manual, the section on "Setting the Drive Mode").
08-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Steve, actually the K100 I believe was the first. At the time pentax released the K100 and the K110 where the only difference was SR. The K10 came a little later.
You are right! I forgot that the K100D was available before the K10D by a couple of months. I bought my K10D sight unseen after having handled a K100D.

Steve