Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

K30 will not turn on

This has happened to me twice, and most recent today. I was using my K30 turned it off and took the card out to download pictures. Put the card in to format and the camera would not turn on. I took the battery out and put it back in and all works fine. This happened twice in the past several months. Both times the camera was off and I had taken the memory card out to download shots. All my batteries are clean and in good condition.

08-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K-5 won't power up without a chip, so you might pull it out and re-insert.
I've done this to myself several times, leaving the chip in the computer read-slot
08-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter

This happen to me every time i took the card and turn off the camera without closing the "flap" where the card goes, if i try to reinsert the SDcard it just dont turn on again until i remove the battery.

Sorry for my bad english
08-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sometimes I wonder if this happens because the camera thinks one of the access doors is open. The indication cannot be reset unless the camera is power cycled. This happens to me randomly and has no relationship to the SD card. My K-30 may have the card installed and all doors closed and it locks up. I open and close the doors to no avail. Finally, I pull the battery and reinsert it. Then all is well.

08-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Sometimes I wonder if this happens because the camera thinks one of the access doors is open. The indication cannot be reset unless the camera is power cycled. This happens to me randomly and has no relationship to the SD card. My K-30 may have the card installed and all doors closed and it locks up. I open and close the doors to no avail. Finally, I pull the battery and reinsert it. Then all is well.
When my k30 wouldn't (seemingly) turn on. I discovered that the camera still worked. just no lcd. Pulling the battery overnight did nothing. Then I noticed that the camera would start even if the door was opened and that's not right. I found the little plastic switch and worked it in and out a few times. It's been fine since. Goofy little crap switch.