Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2016, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
As most of you know Murphy's Law works 100% of the time.

I bought a couple of new Chinese M42 - K adapters, they were a bit tight to fit in the Mount of my K7 but one locked in place nicely and I proceeded to screw in a lens, I had not checked the screw retain the spring and it seems to have been defective in some way as tightening up the lens to get infinity focus locked the lens onto the mount. On trying to remove the lens from the camera it made a couple of turns and then locked solid and eventually came out with the adapter locked onto it. I eventually got it off by gently drilling through the narrowest part of the adaptor where the spring is attached.

I discovered that the spring screw had partially stripped one of the threads on the lens mount and it will not now take a new adapter, one goes on for a couple of threads and then stops and I am not going to force it.

So basically I have to decide whether I should file down the remaining threads on the lens mount and see if I can permanently glue an ada per in place or scrap the lens, it won't break the bank as they are currently running at €30 - €40 on e-bay.

I am posting this as a reminder to check that the adapter spring is properly secured and does not protrude into the mount threads.

CD