Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #1

double shots when sutter is pushed

My Pentax Kx has started taking two quick shots when I push the shutter. it has not done that before ( 2 Yrs ) Also, I now have a clunking noise when the camera is turned on

09-06-2014, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Clunking noise is most likely the dust removal system. Do you have it set to run at startup? It's best if you do.

Double actuations are often caused by the shutter button sticking just a bit. The k-x button has a reputation for that. Try this: with the camera OFF, push the shutter button firmly all the way down, and repeat about 50 times or so. I know that sounds weird but it has worked for a number of people, including me. If that does not work then you will need to do a better cleaning which might be best done at a camera shop. Some on this forum have reported using electronic cleaner to good success to free up the button, but I've no experience with that.
09-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

+1 to jatrax's suggestion. I have an *istD with a similar problem, and "exercising" the shutter button seem to work
09-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Do you have some bracketing function turned on?

09-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #5

Is continuous shooting turned on?
09-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You're most likely in continuous mode. Check your drive mode setting (up button).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter

I do have double click problem in single mode with K200 sometimes. It's a second hand camera, so I got that problem since the beginning of using.

jatrax, interesting solution, thanks.
09-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Yep not that uncommon. My K-x does that sometimes (and bracketing / continues modes are off). On mine its seems to be "contact bounce" on the shutter button (I have an electronics background) - possibly caused by contacts only just closing at the bottom of the buttons travel. I will have to try Jatrax idea too!

09-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lowndes2 Quote
My Pentax Kx has started taking two quick shots when I push the shutter. it has not done that before ( 2 Yrs ) Also, I now have a clunking noise when the camera is turned on

Don't know how to reply to all the answers but the exercising the shutter button has fixed my problem - thanks to all who answered - also now have the dust removal system to run at start up
09-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Glad you got it working!
09-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lowndes2 Quote
exercising the shutter button has fixed my problem
Well there you go, they say you learn something new each day, well this is mine for today.