Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #1

LCD screen on K30 is broken

Hi all, new to the forum but searched for a similar topic and couldn't find my problem. I turned on my camera yesterday and half of the screen is dark and has lightning type lines running through it. I am guessing the screen has gotten broken somehow though I am not sure how as it had not been dropped and was in it's bag at the time. Anyway, can a K-30 screen be replaced by me or is it something I need to send it to Pentax for? I have been trying to search for replacement screens but so far no luck except Ebay which I am not sure I want to go with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

09-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would think that would be a job for Pentax repair. Not something I would attempt.
09-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I would think that would be a job for Pentax repair. Not something I would attempt.
That's what I was afraid of jatrax. I had seen some tips on how to do it on other Pentax models so was hoping this one could be done as well.
09-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Its possible

QuoteOriginally posted by jcshellyg Quote
That's what I was afraid of jatrax. I had seen some tips on how to do it on other Pentax models so was hoping this one could be done as well.

If it comes down to it you can remove and replace the LCD panel. If in your head right now you don't know what size screw driver to use, don't do it. If you do and you are a do it yourself/try type of person. Here is a link to many Pentax models. Pentax keeps the same basic design through the years; different but same concept. I don't know if you can just unplug your LCD. Do you know how to work with what looks like just plug in pull out connections? Because many don't work that way?

If yes here are a bunch of manuals. Look for the password in the files.

Downloads

Now the part? Well your lucky. The part is easy to get and very cheap. Ebay USA $35 from China. LCD screens are fairly cheap.

When you look at the screen at eBay please note the connector it uses.