Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #1

*Ist DL/DS: Self timer with Auto bracket?

Hi All,

I encountered a situation where I had to use the self timer, and to be sure to achieve correct lighting, I wanted to have the auto bracket function active at the same time, only to find that I couldn't figure out a way to do it.
Any help on this is appreciated. I tried searching the forum but did not find an answer.

Thanks, Raymond

09-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This feature is available on newer pentax bodies via the drive mode menu, but I'm not sure if the ist DS/DL supports it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Maybe my question wasn't specific enough; both the Self Timer and the Auto Bracket are selected from the Fn-menu. But, as it seems to me, you can only select either Self Timer, or Auto Bracket, not both functions at the same time. Unless someone knows another way to do this?
09-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As Adam said, this feature appears as a sub-option of bracketing in the drive mode menu on newer bodies but not old ones. I don't know when it started to appear, but the k100d didn't have this option so I'd bet on it missing from the *istDS/DL.

My work-around was to use the camera in bracketing drive mode with a wired shutter release attached. There are fancy models of wired releases with little timers built in that should do the trick for you or you can get the kind of wireless radio triggers that connect to this port (this is what I used most of the time, I used rf602's but there are newer models). A slightly tricky thing is I don't think the older camera models have 'one-touch bracketing' so you need something that can hold down the shutter for the multiple exposures, the computerized wired releases should be workable (they usually allow custom exposure lengths for bulb mode that act like it's holding down the shutter button).

09-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, at least I wasn't too dumb to work this out. I never realized that for the Auto Bracket you have to keep the shutter held down until the 3 pictures are taken, thanks for pointing that out!