Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

K10D firmware update to v 1.01 re Debug

I have instructions on entering Debug to adjust lens focus saying the camera needs v1.01. But at the Ricoh site only the latest, v 1.31seems downloadable.
Does that version carry everything v1.01 does or is there a difference that matters. I have seen requests for advice on getting back to earlier firmware for reasons I know nothing about and so I wonder.
I have v1.31 on my desktop but if I do need 1.01 where and how do I get it?

09-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Gallagher Quote
I have instructions on entering Debug to adjust lens focus saying the camera needs v1.01. But at the Ricoh site only the latest, v 1.31seems downloadable.
Does that version carry everything v1.01 does or is there a difference that matters. I have seen requests for advice on getting back to earlier firmware for reasons I know nothing about and so I wonder.
A fast search resulted on this:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/88078-k10d-1-3-1-1-how.html
I still have some K10D firmware files backed up - let me know if you don't find a solution, and I'll dig'em out from the archives ...

EDIT: I THINK this is the "cooked" firmware for downgrading...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g3p9sykuxd7436/PENTAX_CRK_FRMWR_1.1.ZIP?dl=0
09-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Caver. But I got nowhere there. The folder had a video in it that my computer says it can't play.
But what's 'ccoked' firmware?
Also I've got v1.1 in the camera, I'm not trying to replace 1.31.
09-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Caver. But I got nowhere there. The folder had a video in it that my computer says it can't play.
But what's 'ccoked' firmware?
Also I've got v1.1 in the camera, I'm not trying to replace 1.31.
Mike!
Each (newer) firmware has all the previously published firmware's content. If you install the latest, you got 'em all.
The file I've sent you is a compressed file, I don't know why are you seeing a video file (but you don't need this, so no investigation on this - just delete it)
Perhaps I am missing the point (probably because I'm not that good in English?) - what would you like to do in fact?
- It was a few years ago when I had my K10D, and I used the debug mode - so I have to dig for informations - so please be more specific

Did you see this thread? Perhaps it can help you:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/110320-k10d-focu...ebug-mode.html

EDIT: a "cooked firmware" is a non-official firmware modified to downgrade the latest firmware to the last one which was permitting debug mode.

Last edited by Caver; 09-18-2014 at 06:25 AM.
09-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #5

Original Poster
Quote ; "EDIT: a "cooked firmware" is a non-official firmware modified to downgrade the latest firmware to the last one which was permitting debug mode."
Does that mean later versions than v1.1 do not allow Debug focus adjustment? That is what concerns me. Or does that ability remain in later versions? I know Pentax are a bit secretive about that so they may have removed it without making it public. Or did it stay in after v1.1?

Thanks for that link. I hadn't come across that one. And inside that one is a link to < Fixing the K10D Back-focusing AF Issue | photographybanzai.com > which is a truly remarkable piece of helpfulness. It includes photo illustrations all the way through. Thank you so much. I've yet to follow the instructions but I reckon it'll do the trick. I'll let you know when I have.
Regards, Mike.
09-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does that mean later versions than v1.1 do not allow Debug focus adjustment?
I believe that v1.30 for the K10D is the last version that supports debug menu access using the method you are attempting.

Steve