Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I don't know, Steve, why the screen was so "foggy". Maybe, polluted city, who knows.
I need to google Fresnel lens, it's always something new here
Plastic itself can not be softer than amber, and I do polish amber, so I have an idea.

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 12:34 PM ----------

The last thing for me would be using rubbing alcohol on ANY plastic without testing. You never know what to expect.
Trust me, I have tested it and is working without any kind of issues.
You can always dilute it 50/50 with distilled water if you want.

10-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The focusing screen journey did not end till today.
Cleaning with microfiber was not really bright idea Static electricity attracted even more dust than before. Plus, I noticed that focusing became more difficult, more out of focus pictures, and metering is more messed up than before. I obviously "overcleaned", daaah.

Yep, I did not put the screen precisely in place, so today I removed the screen again, carefully cleaned it with air and brush, then cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, but the best cleaning, imo, is just running water and removing drops with canned air.

Anyway, with closer magnification in day light I noticed that screen has cloud spots inside plastic. I seemed like fingerprints in viewfinder, but it's not. The long story short: I need another screen. At least now I know it's easy to remove, not so easy to put it back, and no microfiber cleaning ever!
The screen is L90, and that screen is nowhere to buy. Well, one of the drawbacks of Pentax tech support, I guess.
10-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I noticed that screen has cloud spots inside plastic
Well, that is strange. Previous exposure to solvents perhaps?

Steve
10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, that is strange. Previous exposure to solvents perhaps?

Steve, it's hard to tell, I got the camera that way. I've seen "fingerprints" in viewfinder since the beginning. Which happen to be something inside the screen. It can not be something due to cleaning. Maybe, screen was taken out and dropped? I don't know.