Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2014, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fgaudet Quote
A can will set you off about $10, and you only need a couple squirts... It's on the expensive side for very little use. But I never been a fan of alcohol for cleaning electronics, they make all sorts of specialized cleaning products for a reason...

I'm pretty sure that the cleaner/degreaser will take care of whatever crap is in there, you may need to repeat the procedure a few more times. Always go with very little cleaner at a time several times instead of soaking it up.
I picked up CRC QD Electronic Cleaner from the local auto shop. It was $8, but totally worth it for the relief: my camera works perfectly now, thank you!

12-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #17

I have used CRC QD Electronic Cleaner and it worked just great. I'd like to add that is really important to wait 5 minutes after the application of the cleaner, because despite the fast evaporation when the liquid gets inside the camera it take to much more time to disappear. If you dont waits the time and turns on your camera quickly is not likely that the camera gets broken, but the cleaner liquid itself will block the functioning of the wheel. Is also useful to put two stripes of plastic to direct the liquid directly to the gap between the wheel and the body of the camera.

And finally, be patient!