Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #1

Pink screen when focusing

I am having trouble with me Pantex WG3 GPS. When I go to take a photo or focus my screen will go pink. If a photo is taken it is pink. I tried to reset the camera to the factor settings but that did not help. Any suggestions?

Thank,
Molly

09-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Sorry I know nothing about your camera or its settings, but I'm not liking the sound of your problem too much.

Someone hopefully will be along shortly to help.
09-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You will need to print the photo to see if it is actually pink.
If the photo prints in color as it should then I would say there is a problem with the cable that drives the camera screen.
If the photo prints pink then there is most likely a sensor problem.
09-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Does it only look pink on the camera display, or is it also pink when you load it into your computer? The former suggests a failed LCD screen while the latter would be a problem elsewhere in the camera. Either one will need a repair if a factory reset can't fix it.