Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2014, 03:29 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Taking your situation into account, it would be nice of them if they make an exception, and do a warranty repair in Japan....
That would be extremely nice and might get me to buy another body! anyway i will be bringing my k30 in shanghai first.. since it will be the nearest stop.

04-27-2015, 11:37 AM   #32

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

Again, thank you for your timely support. I am far delayed in getting back to this thread, my apologies. I found out what went wrong with my camera for those of you that are interested.

The Aperture Control Unit went on the K-30. It is disappointing as it was not used a lot prior to this happening and it was only coming on two years old. Thank goodness I bought it on VISA so it extended the warranty. It cost $368 to have it replaced and cleaned.

Hope this helps anyone else who may encounter this same problem.

Cheers!

Tim
04-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by allpowerfultim Quote
Hope this helps anyone else who may encounter this same problem.

Cheers!
Thank you for closing the loop. I am glad that your extended warranty picked up the bill. Your post was one of the first of a flurry of similar reports and helped other users a great deal.

Steve