Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flashes operate at full power

I have a K20D and 2 Metz flash units, One is a Metz AF48 1 and the other is a Metz 44 AF 1. They have worked just fine until the other day when the 48 AF 1 started shooting at full blast so I tried the 44 and it did the same thing. I chedked what settings I knew to check but they still both shoot at full blast. The pop up flash on the K20 works fine so I'm just really puzzled as to what I may be missing. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thank you all ahead of time!

09-24-2014, 02:26 AM   #2
Forum Member

Did you change any settings on the camera or any of the flashes just before the problem occured?
Try cleaning the hotshoe contacts, there might be a problem there. If the pop up flash works fine and the external doesn't, it really seems like there is some problem in communication between the body and flash. Just a few days ago I mounted a Metz flash on my k-x after quite some time (I hadn't used the camera for more than a year). At first, the flash didn't fire at all. After cleaning the contacts, it worked fine.