Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #1

Wireless flash slave not working with vintage flashes

So I just bought a Commlite comtrig t320 wireless flash slave set so I could use vintage flashes, like the Vivitar 283, with my k-r without having to make modifications and without potentially frying my camera.

But I cannot for the life of me get any of my vintage flashes (I don't own any modern flashes unforntunately) to fire using the flash slaves. Even pressing the test fire button the the receiving unit, the flash would not fire.

Also, when I press the test fire button on the transmitter, the receiver does indicate it is attempting to fire the flash. Using a flash, with a much lower hotshoe voltage, I was able to get it to fire while attached directly to the k-r but not with the slaves.

Anyone have any ideas as to why? I am quite sure the trigger contact on the flash is contacting the hotshoe on the slave unit.

09-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Well, the unit could just be broken I suppose. It looks like that unit has some sort of TTL pass-thru and high-speed sync capabilities -- maybe it needs to be put in some simple "dumb mode" just for firing an old flash? I use Cactus v5 triggers with old Vivitar flashes all the time...