Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Manual mode on K20D

I just discovered on page 93 of the user manual where in M you press the green button and automatically you are centered on the EV bar. That's neat. I have been doing the centering myself. This will help big time on those bright days when you can't see the info in the LSDs. I wonder if Nikon/Canon etc have this.

09-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by royden Quote
I just discovered on page 93 of the user manual where in M you press the green button and automatically you are centered on the EV bar. That's neat. I have been doing the centering myself. This will help big time on those bright days when you can't see the info in the LSDs. I wonder if Nikon/Canon etc have this.
its been that way with pentax DSLR cameras that have had a green button since the original *istD and on older pentax film bodies like the PZ-1 there was a similar function.

the setting will follow the MTF curve for the lens or the function you want (either high DOF for stills or fast shutter profile for sports etc...)
09-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
dms
Site Supporter

And the nice thing on K20d , K-5 , and I presume K3, is the e.v. bias (adjustment) applies to M mode as well.
Not so on the other ones I have (K-x and Q), and pretty sure not on K-10d or K-30 either.
09-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
By default, the shift is made by 'Program'... both shutter and aperture are adjusted. If you want only shutter speed shifted, you need to go to the custom menu item for 'EV shift in bracketing' (although that may not be the exact name...)

In that custom menu iten, 'program shift' is default and you can specify Tv (shutter) or Av (aperture) shift.

I like Tv shift because I generally don't want my choice of aperture futzed with. Same for any bracketing. I don't want my depth of field to change during a bracket. You may feel otherwise, of course, and that is the usefulness of the custom function :^)

09-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
And the nice thing on K20d , K-5 , and I presume K3, is the e.v. bias (adjustment) applies to M mode as well.
Not so on the other ones I have (K-x and Q), and pretty sure not on K-10d or K-30 either.
No. EV adjustment bias is not a guaranteed thing I M mode. The K10 doesn't have it , the *istD does
09-30-2014, 03:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good info as always. Thank you all.