Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
AV Cable to connect HD TV

Hello everyone,
I Recently Bought the Pentax K-50 (Yodobashi camera - Akky - Tokyo), a Newbie to DSLR and am going through the various connections and settings - the basics actually. I See that the camera does not have the USB -AV cable to view the images / Videos on a HD TV, and getting that cable here (from Bangalore-India)seems next to impossible. I was wondering if i could use a Similar cable from NIKON - Nikon VXA13054 EG-CP14 A/V Cable which is available on amazon india. Suggestions and help greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Sunny.
Bangalore India
K-50 with 18-55 kit lens
Canon Powershot Sx230 HS

10-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #2

Original Poster
UPDATE to the AV Cable:
I finally got the AV cable through amazon and was able to connect to my HD TV. BUT...the resolution of the images is pathetic when i am connecting the camera to the TV. i am not sure if i am missing something, I just plugged in the cables and voila!! the screen popped up!! Is there is some work around that i am missing somewhere, kindly advice me.
(The quality of cable looks and feels genuine, it also has the ferrite bead, so i am guessing the cable is not the culprit)
Thank You,
10-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Forum Member

The AV cable transmits a standard resolution (640x480) image, you aren't missing anything and there isn't any workaround.
10-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by markkuk Quote
The AV cable transmits a standard resolution (640x480) image, you aren't missing anything and there isn't any workaround.
Thank you markkuk,

:-( :-( :-( well... if there aint any possibility, i guess ill have to copy images to USB and watch on the telly.

10-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by markkuk Quote
Yes, too bad the K-50 has no HDMI out.

Steve
02-20-2020, 08:44 AM   #6

I didn't think anyone else was using TV or cable. This is the last century, now there are a lot of alternatives to this. Now it is so easy to access the Internet where you can find a lot of useful information. I tried to persuade my parents to switch to live tv streaming for a long time, but I still managed to persuade them. They do not regret it at all, now my mother can watch her favorite TV series, and my father can watch live broadcasts without any advertising and at the same time not pay a lot of money for cable TV. I am very happy that my parents are happy

Last edited by Disrop; 03-04-2020 at 08:22 AM.
02-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Disrop Quote
I didn't think anyone else was using TV or cable. This is the last century, now there are a lot of alternatives to this
This is also a six year old discussion thread

Welcome to the forums

02-20-2020, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But of course, I have something to add.. (don't I always)

Using my 55" smart TV, I export my images to a memory stick at 3840x2160 (in subject titled folders), the pixel size of my TV and just plug it into the USB slots on the back of the TV. To me this is the preferred method. When I go to visit relatives I can plug it into their TVs and run it as a background slide show, so they can see what I've been up to, while sipping a beverage and carrying on with the usual conversations.

And welcome to the forums.

I don't remember when TVs started coming with USB ports, but I don't think it was as far back as the last century.

Last edited by normhead; 02-20-2020 at 09:06 AM.