Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #1

new purchase q10 problem

Hi all

I hope someone might be able to help. I purchased a new q10 last week and everything has been great with this camera , so decided to upgrade the firmware as camera still had original firmware.
The problem is that since update the E-Mode dial had stopped working in all modes. I thought it might be a firmware problem with version 1.03 ( from pentax site ) so thought I could reload original
firmware , but original not avail any more.....can anyone help ??

Thanks in advance

10-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It will not let you roll back firmware. You may need to send it in for service under warranty.
10-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome!
Too bad you have this problem. The camera doesn't allow installing an older firmware. I think you can do some sort of hack to make it think the older firmware is actually newer, but that can cause all sorts of problems and will void your warranty. Anyway, I doubt this is a firmware problem.
Here is what I suggest:
- Press the "reset to factory defaults" in the Menu
- Try other modes in the mode dial, press +/- button, etc. see if that might change something

If none of this works, go back to the store and say you got a defective camera. Get a replacement if possible, but a repair should be okay as well if you can wait for the camera to get shipped back and forth. Hope you get things sorted out