Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MX-1auto focus assist beam issues????

I am very happy with my new MX-1, but last night I discovered something that I do not know if its a flaw, design error or what.

During a dinner party, the ambient light was low enough as to cause the af sensor (narrow-center) hunting and not able to lock focus, so I turned on the AF assist beam. It worked as expected at distances shorter than 2.5 meters but at 3 to 4.5 meters, the AF assist beam projects a "donut" shaped light, in which the AF sensor falls exactly in the center, thus causing the AF to behave is if there no AF assist beam.

1: Is my AF assist beam light bad?

2: Is this a known issue?

3: Is this something that could be claimed under warranty?

Last edited by rburgoss; 10-06-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, beam, camera, focus, focus assist beam, light, meters, mx-1auto focus, pentax help, photography, sensor, troubleshooting