Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
You can pretty much set which dials do what in each mode. For example, in M mode one dial will control the aperture and the other will control the shutter speed, but which dial does what can be customized. The live view screen is really impressive, but it's worth seeing yourself. I don't know if you'll care, but I really enjoy Composition Adjustment, it basically turns any lens into a tilt-shift by moving the sensor around.

Tilt shift? Really? If I understand it, it basically allows the shooter to control the "tilt" of the lens in relation to the plane of the scene? Like....um.... using a 4x5 view camera and tilting the lens board and the film holder to somewhat compensate for the distortion of a tall building? Do I understand that right?

I apologize for being so inquisitive. I know I said I wouldn't do this.... but, I'm a curious cat. And, where better to get answers? I mean, I can read about it, but it's usually better to have it explained than to assume I understand the written verbiage in magazine articles.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

10-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My bad, I was thinking tilt-shift but it's actually considered to be a PC-Shift. PF staff made a
Anyway, it is intended to compensate for distortion, some actually just posted an example using CA. I like answering questions, so feel free to keep them coming.
10-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
My bad, I was thinking tilt-shift but it's actually considered to be a PC-Shift. PF staff made a video demoing it. Anyway, it is intended to compensate for distortion, some actually just posted an example using CA. I like answering questions, so feel free to keep them coming.

Very, VERY interesting! Wow.... I can see now, I'm going to have a lot of sleepless nights when my K50 gets here!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
10-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I'm going to have a lot of sleepless nights when my K50 gets here!
You are going to really like it. I was sorely tempted to buy one instead of my K-3.

Steve

10-30-2014, 06:16 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the K-50 today. How could I pass it up? $400.00, with a $100.00 mail-in rebate! Now to put all this information you kind gentlemen passed along. So much to learn.... but so much fun to be had!

Again, thanks for all the time and patience. I appreciate it more than you know!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA