Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #1

new k-50 with flucard not reading

Hey new member, anyways my k-50 came witha flucard for free, when i plug it in i hear it beep for awhile, sometimes it even broadcasts to my phone. But the camera never reconizes that it has wifi, the eye-fi option in the menue remains greyed out and set to off.
Is there something im missing here? I tried emailing pentax and they just told me the camera cant use theflucard, that they gave me and thats in the use manual and has a menue option...

I tired searching but the best i could find was for the k3 and wasnt helpful

10-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The remote live view/capture functionality of the (16gb Pentax) flucard isn't supported by the K-50. You can still use it for storing photos, though, and you should be able to connect to it wirelessly to browse photos.

Here are the steps you need to take (skip step 3) to get it to work:
Review: Pentax FluCard O-FC1 - Set-Up Guide | PentaxForums.com Reviews

The remote capture button will remain greyed out, while the image view button should let you browse photos on the card.

The eye-fi option in the menu only applies to eye-fi cards, so it won't work with the flucard.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks a lot! I got the wifi browser part working, it seems pretty touchy and keeps dropping the signal. And if thats all i can do with the k50 i might just get rid of the flu.
Thanks for your help