Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
k5 failure to auto and manual focus

Greetings,
today in the middle of doing some shooting my K5 stopped focusing, either in auto mode or manual mode. My first thought was the lens but I tried 4 different lenses and got the same result...impossible to get any sort of focus no matter the distance and also when looking through the viewfinder, the screen and numbers are all blurred. I have spent about an hour trying everything i could think of but nothing works.....I have had the camera since August of 2013, bought it new. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....am considering taking to KEH on Monday.
thanks
tom

10-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Just a thought.
Have you checked the sliding diopter adjustment for the viewfinder?
10-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
ok, embarrasing beyond belief but want to own up to the fact that I apparently shifted the diopter problem corrected.

---------- Post added 10-18-14 at 08:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
Just a thought.
Have you checked the sliding diopter adjustment for the viewfinder?
thanks for your note...part of the problem was that my mind had that now-too-easy-to-justify-the-expense K-3 in my hands