Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I use grip 1st on mine, that way the battery indicator level shows the level going down but it is only on the grips charge, the in camera battery remains showing at full charge unless I let the grips completely deplete to the point it switches to the camera battery.

10-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's strange, unless it was on catch focus mode so when it was trying to take a photo, it wouldn't trip the shutter until confirming focus.
I would switch the focusing mode to AF-S and test again.
10-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Could it be that one of the dials on the grip was set in between the notches?
I don't think so. There's really only the on/off/dof preview dial on the grip. I just testing shooting with it in between different modes and the camera worked fine.
10-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I'm talking about the ones you use to change shutter speed/aperture. I had the same thing happen on my K20D and twirling the dial thingy got me going again.

10-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The camera does this even with the grip entirely removed.

It started doing it again tonight. Something I noticed this time is that once it stopped working every time I've turned the camera back on it's been set to F8, 125th and iso 100 which are the settings I was using when the camera stopped working and were *not* the settings it was set to when I powered it off.

I called ricoh and the nice lady told me to send it in to precision camera. Why does their webform want 200+ dollars when I send the camera in? It's not like they have any idea what it will cost to repair at this time.