Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are Android apps for that as well.

10-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your tips. I will definitely look at eye fi now that I realise you don't actually need wifi. I tend to travel off the beaten track where electricity is a luxury and wifi a fond memory. I still haven't found the elusive bit of LR where I can make it stop stealing my pictures. Does anyone fancy another go at explaining?

---------- Post added 10-27-14 at 02:52 PM ----------

Scratch the last question. Found it under Edit/preferences. Hurrah!
10-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tish99 Quote
Thank you everyone for your tips. I will definitely look at eye fi now that I realise you don't actually need wifi. I tend to travel off the beaten track where electricity is a luxury and wifi a fond memory.
Can you transfer RAW files as well as JPGs with the eye fi?
10-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Can you transfer RAW files as well as JPGs with the eye fi?
Depends on the eye fi model. The Pro X2 can. The others can't. But it's pretty slow, or at least it was for me. I haven't tried it since upgrading to a new phone and a new camera. Not sure if those make a difference or not though.

10-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Depends on the eye fi model. The Pro X2 can. The others can't. But it's pretty slow, or at least it was for me. I haven't tried it since upgrading to a new phone and a new camera. Not sure if those make a difference or not though.
Thanks. I've got a Flu Card on the way and I'm expecting that I'll continue to take the SD card out and put it in the laptop to transfer pics with any speed.
11-01-2014, 03:19 AM   #21
Pentaxian

What RKKS08 said.
I personally use a USB OTG cable, a USB memory card reader (mine it's like a small pendrive, but they really come in all shapes and forms) and just take the SD from the camera and plug it there.
I use Photo Mate R2 in order to look at the pictures (and develop them if needed... remembering that the display is not calibrated!)
11-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Personally, I had so many issues with the eyefi connection (that was when I was still on Nikon) that I ended up returning the iPad I'd purchased primarily to use for this purpose. I haven't actually tried it on my K5, though, and my phone connection is much faster now, so maybe I should dig it out and try again.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with the Eye-Fi card. I'm about to send back the second one because it's defective. Hopefully, the third time's the charm...
11-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
What RKKS08 said.
I personally use a USB OTG cable, a USB memory card reader (mine it's like a small pendrive, but they really come in all shapes and forms) and just take the SD from the camera and plug it there.
I use Photo Mate R2 in order to look at the pictures (and develop them if needed... remembering that the display is not calibrated!)
Asus has an adapter which includes a card reader as well as a USB port for its TF700 series tablets. Works very nicely. Amazon has it. Otg also works well.

01-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #24
Site Supporter

I just got a Transcend card reader from Amazon ($9.99) for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and it's working great so far with the sd card from K-50. I did get the RawDroid app that someone on another thread suggested and it reads my raw files and jpegs. It also allows me to send the photo directly to my wifi print apps (HP and Hammermill) without having to move the photo to my tablet first.