Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax k lens to eos1000d

i have a superb macro zoom lens vivitar series 1 p/k lens for Pentax me super. Is it possible to buy a converter for eos1000d that easily allows easy interchange between Pentax and canon lens.

10-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.

Yup, you can buy an adapter ring. Pk>EOS. I have a Fotodiox that does the trick.
Stop down exposure, but it should work OK. It will not work on any FF Canon bodies though.

M
11-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Exactly, it doesn't work with FF bodies, because the aperture lever on the lens is too long to fit the camera.

For some lenses, like the FA31, you can open it and unscrew the lever and then use on the FF camera, but for other lenses, like 50mm 1.4, you can't. You should cut the lever, but I don't think is the best choice.
11-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You're lucky because you can adapt it to a Canon.
You couldn't have done it if you had a Nikon because of the longer flange focal distance...

11-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
You're lucky because you can adapt it to a Canon.
You couldn't have done it if you had a Nikon because of the longer flange focal distance...
How exactly in simple terms because I'm a camera novice David
11-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by McElroy Quote
How exactly in simple terms because I'm a camera novice David
There are adapters (even cheap ones sold on ebay) that allow you to adapt a K mount lens to a Canon mount.
With Nikon this is not possible, because the lens should be nearer to the sensor.
This explains the flange focal distance pretty well (you only need to look at the first picture to get an idea):
Flange focal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are adapters that allow a K mount lens to be used with a Nikon, but they either do not have the ability to focus at infinity (the lens being further away, it's a lot like using extension tubes for macro) or have some glass inside, which corrects this deficiency but image quality takes a toll.
Hope I was clear enough