Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #1

K2000 Stopped Working

Have a Pentax K2000 used it on a day shoot without issue and then right in the middle of a shot it stopped working. Battery power was good up to that point. Changed to new batteries anyway, no good. Tested the old ones and they still have power. So I suspect low or no power is not the issue. Camera will not show any signs of life. Checked and cleaned battery contacts, took out and reseated memory card. Even plugged it into my PC, and still no life. Is there a way to reset the camera? Looking for options.

No I don't want to buy a K30. Just want my camera back to life.

11-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If it's not even booting, then I'm afraid there's little you can do apart from bringing it to a service center...
11-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house7935 Quote
Have a Pentax K2000 used it on a day shoot without issue and then right in the middle of a shot it stopped working. Battery power was good up to that point. Changed to new batteries anyway, no good. Tested the old ones and they still have power. So I suspect low or no power is not the issue. Camera will not show any signs of life. Checked and cleaned battery contacts, took out and reseated memory card. Even plugged it into my PC, and still no life. Is there a way to reset the camera? Looking for options.

No I don't want to buy a K30. Just want my camera back to life.
Have you tried leaving the camera without any battery inside for a few hours to ensure no latent voltage?
11-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
Actually I owe my wife a on the fix for this issue. She noticed that there was some white "corrosion" on one of the battery contacts. We have just recently moved from a very dry climate, almost desert, to a very humid one. I cleaned off the battery contact, but still no luck. Took a small jeweler phillips head screw driver and pulled off the contacts. Corrosion was on the bottom of the plates. One minute to clean, one more minute to reinstall and WaaLaa, camera is back in action! So it was a power issue after all. Note to self, keep your battery contacts clean.

11-09-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house7935 Quote
Actually I owe my wife a on the fix for this issue. She noticed that there was some white "corrosion" on one of the battery contacts. We have just recently moved from a very dry climate, almost desert, to a very humid one. I cleaned off the battery contact, but still no luck. Took a small jeweler phillips head screw driver and pulled off the contacts. Corrosion was on the bottom of the plates. One minute to clean, one more minute to reinstall and WaaLaa, camera is back in action! So it was a power issue after all. Note to self, keep your battery contacts clean.
You must be super pleased with the cheap fix!