Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fine tune focus using live view

Help. I can't seem to figure out how to zoom in on a subject when in Live View to confirm the focus is good. I have had a number of portraits that I had to through away because either is was using my SMC 50mm A lens and the DOF was too narrow causing part of the participants to being out of focus while the others were in focus, or my autofocus lens was focusing on the subject's shoulder and not their face. In the view finder and in live view, everything looked to be in focus, but when I zoomed in later, the picture was out of focus.

I tried to zoom in with live view, but instead of zooming in, the wheel would change their shutter speed or ISO setting (I was using Tav mode). I have been able to zoom in, in the past, and the user manual says you can. Since I am mostly using my "A" lens, I can't go to Auto or using some other mode because I do need to be able to adjust the shutter or ISO.

What am I doing wrong, or can't you zoom in using Tav mode? I am shooting with a K-3

11-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Switch to live view and press the "OK" button to go to full resolution live view. Focus peaking should still be operational and the rear e-dial may be used to vary the zoom level. This is in the manual, but as all K-3 owners know, the manual is difficult when you are wanting to actually use it to find something.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-04-2014 at 11:27 AM.
11-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper area.
11-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you can press the Info button to zoom in it goes from x2 to x10

11-04-2014, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick replies. I must have hit the OK button in the past without realizing it when it was working. As SteveBrot said, it is in the manual, (and I did look), but somehow I couldn't find anything about hitting the OK button to zoom-in and about the info button as well. Thanks, redcat.
11-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I learned that technique here in this forum so it's glad to share with you