Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This is very funny.
It would have been easy to order on-line from B&H, they are a great company, but I really wanted to support a local dealer.

And after rebate, the two lens kit is $536 is a decent price and it included a 4 gb EyeFi card.

I am happy.

11-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #47
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
The problemas that i found with colored cameras is... when you bought a new one everyone especially your wife knows that you expend a lot in a new camera
I got a black K5 and KIIs before Mrs. jac discovered they were not the black K20D moving around the house by magic. Cost me my K5. (but she loves it. )

Go for the red. Should stir up some interest out in the field.
11-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nope.

Unless you are the sort of person who looks at the one colored shirt hanging in your closet and thinks something is out of place.
11-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I might buy a red tripod though.
Now that sounds extremely cool.

Steve

11-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would never buy a red camera but that is only because I do not want attention called to the camera - it would be easier for my wife to tell I have a new toy
11-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would never buy a red camera but that is only because I do not want attention called to the camera - it would be easier for my wife to tell I have a new toy
Two weeks ago my wife looked at my Blue K-30 and asked when I had gotten my new camera. I looked at her ad asked "Seriously? You say I pay no attention to you?. I have had this for almost 2 years now." And I have
11-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #52

If you want a red one, buy a red one.

If you feel that you have to justify it (beyond the fact that it's your money, and your choice how you spend it, and that the correct response to anyone complaining is "You're going to buy it for me then?") then I suspect the non-black versions will be rarer and possibly more valuable, if a collector market for DSLRs ever appears.

11-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Two weeks ago my wife looked at my Blue K-30 and asked when I had gotten my new camera. I looked at her ad asked "Seriously? You say I pay no attention to you?. I have had this for almost 2 years now." And I have
Yes, part of the fun of marriage is how differently we see the world even when we have shared that world so fully and closely for (in our case) almost 45 years. She has no idea about my photography or computer equipment and I, despite trying, rarely notice new cloths or decorative changes.
11-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, part of the fun of marriage is how differently we see the world even when we have shared that world so fully and closely for (in our case) almost 45 years. She has no idea about my photography or computer equipment and I, despite trying, rarely notice new cloths or decorative changes.
38 years here in just a few weeks. It is her hair cuts that get me in the most trouble for not noticing.
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
38 years here in just a few weeks. It is her hair cuts that get me in the most trouble for not noticing.
Yup! every time.
11-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #56

About a year ago, a friend of mine was shooting with some friends and they decided to go to the botanical gardens (I won't say where). Upon entry, the security guard stopped him and told him that "professional cameras were not allowed inside". So - he took his K-5 and DA* 16-50mm back out to his car and exchanged it for his yellow K-01 and 40mm f/2.8. He then returned and walked right in - no questions asked.

I think the better question is - how many more doors might the red camera open?

Go for it!
11-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #57
Inactive Account

Actually, I like these colored DSLRs (I wish there were a color option for the K-5 ii and the K-3), but I saw already a red K-50 in real (in a local shop) and I found, that it looked cheap. I don't know how to describe it, it looked like poorly varnished.
11-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mawi Quote
Actually, I like these colored DSLRs (I wish there were a color option for the K-5 ii and the K-3), but I saw already a red K-50 in real (in a local shop) and I found, that it looked cheap. I don't know how to describe it, it looked like poorly varnished.
Unfortunately I have to agree. It is just glossy, flat plastic rather than the matte and textured plastic that you'd get with black.