Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #1

Camera shake on K-100D ideas?

A few weeks ago my K-100D started shaking when I take any picture. It would make a rattling noise and any picture taken would appear blurry. Turning SR on or off makes no difference. If I press the camera down very hard on a stable surface (such as a table that wont move my tripod isnt stable enough) I can still hear the rattling but the shaking seems to be dampened enough that pictures are not blurry, but I cant use a hard surface every time I take a picture.

Has anyone seen this before? If its something I can fix myself how do I go about fixing it, and if its something that has to be done in the shop how much would it likely to cost to repair it? Thanks very much in advance.

11-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The SR system should normally be faintly audible, but it sounds like it's gone haywire in your case. Might be time to upgrade the body.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Does it feel like the sensor dust removal vibration? I'm surprised you can get a non blurry picture, even with the camera restrained (unless you are running a very fast shutter speed).
It may be worth turning the power up dust removal off in the menu (if set) to see if that makes a difference. Also, have you tried removing the batteries and resetting to factory default settings?
11-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Does the K100d have some kind of haptic feedback that may have gone screwy?

11-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
try resetting to factory defaults and taking the battery out as suggested. if that doesnt make any difference, the dust removal mechanism might be faulty and goes off with every press of the shutter. try using the timer release or a remote to activate the shutter to see whether the fault is directly linked with the shutter button itself or not.