Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Can you tighten AF-540FGZ bounce angle swivel?

Does anyone know how to tighten the bounce angle swivel on the AF-540FGZ flash? I am using a attachment similar to the Fong Lightsphere and the flash swivel keeps falling down from a vertical position.

I guess tape is always a solution.

Thanks

Last edited by RockvilleBob; 11-12-2014 at 06:11 PM.
11-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
CJC

A lot of people twist the head of the flash so that it is perpendicular to the body. There are better modifiers, try a lighter weight unit.
11-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CJC Quote
A lot of people twist the head of the flash so that it is perpendicular to the body. There are better modifiers, try a lighter weight unit.
Thanks CJC -
11-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I have the same problem with mine. Usually when using my lambency diffuser I use my Sigma 610 because the head locks in the different positions. What I do use with my 540 successfully as a diffuser is a large round cone type container. Looks funny as all get out but it works

11-14-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
I have the same problem with mine. Usually when using my lambency diffuser I use my Sigma 610 because the head locks in the different positions. What I do use with my 540 successfully as a diffuser is a large round cone type container. Looks funny as all get out but it works
Thanks Oldbayrunner - While I do not use flash that much perhaps the Sigma 610 would have been a better choice for me since I usually use the diffuser when possible.
On another note - I went to Conowingo on Monday. The weather was good, eagles were around but the dam had no releases that day - I forgot to call the night before - but I did get a couple of shots. I'll be headed back shortly after Thanksgiving.
11-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
Thanks Oldbayrunner - While I do not use flash that much perhaps the Sigma 610 would have been a better choice for me since I usually use the diffuser when possible.
On another note - I went to Conowingo on Monday. The weather was good, eagles were around but the dam had no releases that day - I forgot to call the night before - but I did get a couple of shots. I'll be headed back shortly after Thanksgiving.
I bought my 610 first, then after I found out it wouldn't do hss in wireless slave mode I bought two 540's off KEH.

Yeah they haven't been running much water lately so it has been really low, not even good for stripers. They eagles are there just not very active.