Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, If you want, I can recover what I can with LR when I get a chance and email them to you later. I so far haven't been able to get anything larger than 40x425. I don't have a K-7, so I don't know what the limits of its image preview size are, but if I find anything larger, I'll let you know.

Correction: 640x425 (typo above)

Last edited by dcshooter; 11-14-2014 at 11:56 AM.
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yep, I tried as well (IrfanView, ACDSee), and the thumbnail only appears very small and pixelated... every single one of them...
I've read elsewhere that - at least in Canon's raw files - there are like three different thumbnails of varied sizes, just like dcshooter said.
The embedded jpeg preview must be corrupt as well...
Have you already deleted/overwritten the contents on the SD? You could try with another software as other people have suggested.

Last edited by LensBeginner; 11-14-2014 at 11:17 AM.
11-15-2014, 03:21 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Well, If you want, I can recover what I can with LR when I get a chance and email them to you later. I so far haven't been able to get anything larger than 40x425. I don't have a K-7, so I don't know what the limits of its image preview size are, but if I find anything larger, I'll let you know.

Correction: 640x425 (typo above)
It Would be great if you would recover what is possible.

When I recovered the pictures to my hard drive I saw the small preview pictures and assumed the recovery had gone well. (I intended to process the pictures later on). Therefore The Card has been formatted and used. I am not able to retrieve anything any more...

Again, I really appreciate what you guys are doing for me.
Thanks
11-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivo_Spohr Quote
Therefore The Card has been formatted and used. I am not able to retrieve anything any more..
Have you tried? If you formatted the card in the camera all it does is a "quick format" which just resets the file tables. The actual files don't get overwritten. A program like Photorec examines the data on the memory device an will reconstrunct any files that can be recognized and recovered. Photorec recognized PEF files which many of the other programs do not.

As I stated before, I tested several recovery programs and Photorec does the best job. It is able to recover files from cards that have been quick formatted. It also recovers photos that I deleted over a year ago even though I've filled up the card several times since then.

11-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Have you tried? If you formatted the card in the camera all it does is a "quick format" which just resets the file tables. The actual files don't get overwritten. A program like Photorec examines the data on the memory device an will reconstrunct any files that can be recognized and recovered. Photorec recognized PEF files which many of the other programs do not.

As I stated before, I tested several recovery programs and Photorec does the best job. It is able to recover files from cards that have been quick formatted. It also recovers photos that I deleted over a year ago even though I've filled up the card several times since then.
No Luck, de card has been used and the data is overwritten ( I Thought I had recovered the files....)
11-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If you haven't had luck with photorec or recuva, a free SD card file rescue tool to try from Transcend might be worth a go. Also works on normal disks and SSD's:

Transcend RecovRx
11-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #22
Pentaxian

As others have suggested try Photorec/Testdisk by Christopher Grenier. He has his own website. It is a small program and a free download and is surprisingly clever - may be worth a try as you start to reach the end of your options. Does operate at the DOS level so you need to be comfortable at that command level.

Did a pull of files from a card last week that I had formatted and the process found files that had been taken two or three years ago and several reformats have taken place since then. I know you have corrupted files but give this a try. The testdisk companion program may be able to reconstitute the files... worth a try.