Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2014, 02:41 AM   #1

Pentax Q battery won't release

Hello all,
Recently a battery (admittedly an aftermarket version) will not release from the battery housing. I am unclear if it because the spring to pop it back up and out has failed/or sticking - or - the outer branding of the battery has loosened and is catching and not letting it release. As other owners will be aware, there is very little room around the battery housing to inspect or try to gently prise it out with a jeweler's screwdriver or the like.
If anyone has had experience with this or can offer alternatives as to how to fix (eg. is it safe to unscrew the camera partially to gain access to the battery housing without breaking it etc) Any thoughts are appreciated.
I am expecting to have to take it to a camera repairer if not a simple solution to fix.

Many thanks,
Sheridan.

11-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Try to stick a very thin shim next to the battery to push down the protruding parts and slide the battery out. If you have some automotive spark plug feeler gauges, they might be a good tool to try.
Thanks! I'll give that a go
12-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
Issue ended up being an expanding battery (cheap and now clearly nasty) sticking in the chamber. As it was second hand when I got it with the "cheap" additional batteries, I shall now be sourcing much better quality batteries as back up spares