Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera body front filter?

Greetings

I was with a group of astrophotographers this weekend and saw that they were using camera body front filters to reduce light pollution. They were Canon users of course and the filters were clip on. Looking inside my K-30 body I saw that there is a thread right where the Canon clip on goes . Does anyone know if there are filters that can fit in there and what diameter they need to be?

Thanks

11-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I researched this around 1 year ago and didn't find a K-mount version of in-body astrophotography filters. Front filters are still an option. There are multiple sources for threaded light pollution filters. Buy a large filter (link below has sizes up to 82mm) with stepper rings to use for smaller lenses.

IDAS Filters and Accessories
11-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Talk about serendipity! There is another thread where a user is having mirror problems and supplied photos of the mirror box showing scuff marks on the sides. A clip-on filter such as what might be used with a Canon would account for the marks.

Steve
11-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Looks like body front filter aren't such a good idea after all! I'll look into those IDAS filters, thanks DeadJohn.