Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you go automatic then you will not learn what you need to.
Yes you will have a film camera which you said above will be used with a single lens.
If you wish to use automatic then you may as well just get a apc point and shoot such as one of the early espio film series.

11-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My recommendation is to buy a camera that you feel good about. The important point is to use whatever you buy and have fun.

However, what I can say is that I cannot ever remember anyone who purchased and used a Spotmatic who was disappointed. I know I love mine.

Finally, at the risk of being redundant, if you can take good photographs using a Spottie then you will be able to take good photographs with anything.
11-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #18

Original Poster
Hey everyone, What about the Pentax P30T? How's that?
11-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by haydenmtaylor Quote
Hey everyone, What about the Pentax P30T? How's that?
The only feature you may miss is the manual ISO setting (that and DoF preview, but I think very few of these old cameras have it -- the ME line don't, not sure about the Spotmatic).

Make sure it is working before purchasing one, though. The first P30T I bought had an issue with the shutter, which would fail to lock into position about half the time. I hear that's a common failure with these cameras, and AFAIK it doesn't make sense to have it fixed as it would cost more than the camera.

11-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nono Quote
The only feature you may miss is the manual ISO setting (that and DoF preview, but I think very few of these old cameras have it -- the ME line don't, not sure about the Spotmatic).

Make sure it is working before purchasing one, though. The first P30T I bought had an issue with the shutter, which would fail to lock into position about half the time. I hear that's a common failure with these cameras, and AFAIK it doesn't make sense to have it fixed as it would cost more than the camera.
As I recall, the Spotmatic only had manual ISO (ASA) adjustment; it was before the markings on film canisters that provided automatic setting. I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.
11-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
As I recall, the Spotmatic only had manual ISO (ASA) adjustment; it was before the markings on film canisters that provided automatic setting. I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.
You mean DX coding. The P30T only has that, no manual ove