Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Help on Pentax PZ-1P

I need help deciphering the instructions on setting PF functions on menu. Following instructions as close as I can understand them, I cannot bet into the PF menu.

Any old hands on PZ-1p?

Thanks,

11-21-2014, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #2

Hi there. I'm not an old hand, but I can congratulate you on having an excellent, often under-rated camera! If you don't have the manual, I recommend you do a quick google search for it in pdf format. That model is near on impossible to operate correctly without having a quick run through the manual. Good luck and have fun playing with any DA lenses you have too. Love having full aperture control with this model

Cheers, Paul
11-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #3

Congratulations, it is a great camera! Here is the link for the manual. As paulm mentioned, you really need a manual to understand all the PF functions.

Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

---------- Post added 11-21-14 at 10:06 AM ----------

You need to turn the mode dial to the PF function. Then, while holding down the 'mode set button' (in the middle of the mode dial) turn the front wheel to cycle through the PF functions. There are 15 functions. You then use the rear dial (still holding the mode set button down) to make that function a 1 or 0. See the manual for what a 1 or 0 does for each of the 15 functions. Good luck.
11-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulm Quote
Hi there. I'm not an old hand, but I can congratulate you on having an excellent, often under-rated camera! If you don't have the manual, I recommend you do a quick google search for it in pdf format. That model is near on impossible to operate correctly without having a quick run through the manual. Good luck and have fun playing with any DA lenses you have too. Love having full aperture control with this model

Cheers, Paul
Thanks Paul. I agree that this is a nice and very capable camera. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Yes on manual I always print out manuals and put in 3-Hole binder with plenty of tabs to make it easy to find stuff. Gotta run a roll of film thru it now . . . All these capabilities and full frame too!

---------- Post added 11-21-14 at 10:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sideburns Quote
Congratulations, it is a great camera! Here is the link for the manual. As paulm mentioned, you really need a manual to understand all the PF functions.

Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

---------- Post added 11-21-14 at 10:06 AM ----------

You need to turn the mode dial to the PF function. Then, while holding down the 'mode set button' (in the middle of the mode dial) turn the front wheel to cycle through the PF functions. There are 15 functions. You then use the rear dial (still holding the mode set button down) to make that function a 1 or 0. See the manual for what a 1 or 0 does for each of the 15 functions. Good luck.
Thanks a lot. I got it now.

11-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The PZ-1p menu system ( think you mean the camera custom settings and there are about 15 of them or so as I recall) takes a bit of learning. I really like mine.