Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On board set pttl, set -2/3 to -1 ev use an old white plastic film cannister with a slit in it as a diffuser. expose for the room -1.5-2 ev with a slower shutter (the flash will freeze action) (you can buy pop up diffuasers but if you have any opague white plasti you can fit it works)
Buy a proper flash, if mounted on the camera bounce it off the wall behind you or a wall to the side (don't bounce straight up it's going to be flat bounced from the side or backwards works. I still crank back the flash -2/3to -1ev myself and expose for the room -1 to -2 ev
this was bounced off a side wall with a warmong stofen diffuser 2nd curtain sync at a slower shutter speed and wide open @ f 1.2 using a ttl set up (Fuji has as por a flash system as anyone the ds may actually be better with an old af530

next up i need a bracket and ttl cord to make the setup more flexible but creative bounce and exposure works well

12-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

this is using a diffuser on the on board flash (the film cannister idea) this is a quick export sooc jpg
Attached Images

12-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

if you do grab a compatible pttl flash for the camera read this guys tips they are excellent (even if he isn't always his tips are great)

http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2014 at 22:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Brooke Meyer Quote
No easy fixes, you have to invest some time on learning. Here is a good, free website that explains: http://neilvn.com/tangents/tutorial-bounce-flash-photography/

A $50 Yongnou 560 flash and half a $1 piece of black foam can do quite a lot. Indoor events, the "black foamy thing" is the only way I shoot anymore.

Skip the brackets, get a hot shoe flash and a piece of foam fastened with a girls hairband. And learn how flash exposure works. It's not difficult.
ha i was posting the same info - good site