Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #1

WG3 won't turn on

Hi everybody!
I have bought a pentax wg-3. Now, it have a trouble. When I press the on/off button but nothing happens! sometime, the screen show the message "battery depleted". I try with 3 full batteries but the trouble occur the same. So what is happening to my camera? how can I fix it?
Thanks everybody!
Best regards!

11-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure the batteries are actually fully charged? (I've had that happen with dud batteries)
Next, are the battery contacts clean?
11-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #3

Original Poster
battery depleted

Hi MarkJerling!
Thanks for replying
I have checked my battery by a power metter. So i know my battery is fully! i have clean contacts on battery and on my camera. I discharge battery and then charge fully again. But my camera don't operation!
Thank you!
11-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by huongnguyen Quote
Hi MarkJerling!
Thanks for replying
I have checked my battery by a power metter. So i know my battery is fully! i have clean contacts on battery and on my camera. I discharge battery and then charge fully again. But my camera don't operation!
Thank you!
It sounds as if you will need to contact Ricoh. Is the camera still under guarantee?

11-24-2014, 01:51 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks MarkJerking!
My Camera is still under guarantee! But I don't have the warranty card or purchase invoice. I have contacted with Ricoh. they recommend (for US residents only) i return your camera directly to RICOH Imaging America’s main service facility but for US residents only. I don't live USA.( i purchased on Amazon). So I think if I sent the camera to ricoh to fix, I fear that the cost will be very expensive. It may be equal to the amount of money I bought a new camera.
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by huongnguyen Quote
Thanks MarkJerking!
My Camera is still under guarantee! But I don't have the warranty card or purchase invoice. I have contacted with Ricoh. they recommend (for US residents only) i return your camera directly to RICOH Imaging America’s main service facility but for US residents only. I don't live USA.( i purchased on Amazon). So I think if I sent the camera to ricoh to fix, I fear that the cost will be very expensive. It may be equal to the amount of money I bought a new camera.
If you purchased through Amazon, you can call up the purchase record on Amazon. Also, to have bought on Amazon, you would have had to pay with PayPal, or a credit card etc, all which will show a purchase record and therefore show a purchase date. When you received the camera, was there a warrantee card with it? You could ask Ricoh if you can give it to your local Ricoh service agent to fix, or you could return the camera to the USA.

If it was purchased from a reputable seller and it is a warrantee repair, then shipping need not cost you much - only getting it there.