Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

K 3 problem

M K3 started saving each shot as separate red, green blue and purple frames. What on earth has happened? Did I change some setting? Is this a sensor problem? I don't have any filters turned on. I was saving in jpeg. Never had this problem before today. I couldn't find anything like this in the manual. Please help!

11-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be a corrupt SD card. Have you tried formatting it?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Is this on the camera lcd or on the computer?
11-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Is this on the camera lcd or on the computer?
Start with this... If you see the same problem on your computer and camera, its definitely the file or card. So your next ate would be to try a different card. If you still have it, reset your camera to defaults. Are you using a third party battery? Try your original. If still having it, time to consider contacting tech support/warranty process and/or upgrade or reflash your firmware. Since you may have a warranty issue, I'd recommend fooling with your firmware only under the instruction of tech support so if it gets bricked, it's because they recommended it.

11-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Please post one of your photos so we have a better idea of what the pictures look like. This is not normal.
11-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This is happening most likely at computer level, from the used software to open the files.

Somehow, your software is opening your files as inverted 32 bit (8 bit/channel)- separate channels. As reference, this mode is sometimes needed to prepare images for color separations for commercial printing.

Red is the inversion of CYAN
Green is the inversion of MAGENTA
Blue is thd inversion of YELLOW
The purple channel is a composite of the needed BLACK spot to increase printed contrast on every place the CMY values ar similar (gray spot component).

This could happen at computer level if your software can be set to "open as separate inverted channels". Sometimes it may come from a software/hardware bug (video analog/digital conversion) and in very rare cases, as a source bug (camera).

First, try opening file in different commputer, or in same computer with different software. You can pinpoint software or computer this way. If problem persists, means camera possibly needs a resetting or firmware reflashing.

Let us know your findings.