Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #1

K20 Manual Setting: automatically adjusting Aperture & Shutter speed together

My K20D Pentax recently started to have issues operating in Manual mode. About 50% of the time when I am adjusting the aperture, it'll automatically adjust the shutter speed as well and vice versa. It's as if the camera is on Mode P, but I can still see the light meter adjusting. Other modes seem to work fine. Same story regardless of what lens is being used. Formatting and reseting have not fixed the issue. I am not familiar enough with this camera to know what else may be causing the issue.

11-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you press the green button, the camera will auto correct. Without using the green button, it should not auto correct.
11-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

That is very odd... I wonder if it's worth re-installing the firmware.
11-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Does an asterisk show up in the displays when this happens? On the rear LCD, it would be at the top of the screen, on the right hand side. In the viewfinder, it's on the bottom, right side, left of the counter for images remaining on the card. If that's true, your AE-L button might be sticking or getting inadvertently pressed.