Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How do I use the timer or remote with the high frame rate on my K-50, pleases

It looks like those options are exclusive from each other if I use the main four way controller.

Is there a way to combine the 6fps mode with the remote or timer?
Thanks.

12-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is pretty easy and straight forward. Here is a link to the manual. You can save it to your desktop for quick reference. Now you can search it just like any other document.On page 123, you want to set continuous shooting by using the up arrow on the 4 way controller to select the continuous shooting icon, beneath it you have a hi or lo option (6 or 3 fps).

Then attach your remote shutter. Then depress the shutter and the camera body starts taking images at the selected rate until 1) you release the shutter or 2) the buffer fills, then it will slow down to taking images at the rate (dependent on the speed of the card) that prior images are moved to the SD card.

Or, alternatively while not using a remote, the camera will take images continuously while the shutter is depressed.

12-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Is there a way to combine the 6fps mode with the remote or timer?
Yes, use a remote to trigger the shutter. Depending on the remote, you may be able to program a delay, duration for the shutter burst, and/or a timed sequence.

Steve
12-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, use a remote to trigger the shutter. Depending on the remote, you may be able to program a delay, duration for the shutter burst, and/or a timed sequence.

Steve
Thanks for all your help everyone.

I have just the dirt cheap basic IR remote, so maybe I need to upgrade.