Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
November 16 was the original email, so about 29 days. Of course, I don't know if yesterday's delivery was based on the original request or the subsequent request 2 weeks after the first. You can't reply to the email they send you, so the only way to contact them a second time was via the webform and/or a phone call.
About twice what it took to get mine, but maybe they were out of stock. I seem to remember a post someplace saying someone was recently told that but I forget where.

I think much of the problem is that we expect (rightly so IMHO) an answer to an email at least saying "Hey we got your email give us a bit to deal with this". Instead they just seem to go into a black hole. That is a communication issue, and maybe a company culture issue. Parts also seem to be a real problem for RIcoh, something as simple as grip covers should not be allowed to run out of stock. Parts for lenses have also held up repairs sometimes for months. Some or all of this we could attribute to the change in ownership at first. But this is long enough, they need to get a handle on the parts side of the business. At least for products in current production.

12-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I called them to get one last year and they sent it to me in the mail for free. I keep mine in the slot in the grip since that time though, as they have a way of going missing otherwise.