Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #1

SMC Pentax-FA 100mm F3.5 Macro reassembly

Hello!
Last week I made the silly decision to try and clean my lense from dust..
I thought I would give it a shot myself .. I was mistaken..

I couldn't find somebody to clean it for a decent price and this lense is nice but not worth the expense..

The lense is SMC Pentax-FA 100mm F3.5 Macro

I have tried to find out how to put it back together again but couldn't find anything online.
Can anybody help?

12-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #2
Forum Member

Geez, I did the same mistake when my copy started to have some fungus. It took me almost 3 hours to put it back but was not able to clean and take-out the fungus. The fungus was at the inner part of the lens and it was hard to reach it w/out dis-assembling the whole lens. I had a hard time putting back the bearing that came loose as soon as I opened the lens. Luckily I had put it back together w/ the auto-focus still working. I swear I would not disassemble another AF lens. That was about 3 years ago and I don't remember how the inner parts look like now. Sorry, that I can't help you and I know the frustration involved in not to be able to assemble the darn lens back.
12-10-2014, 05:36 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by katerina Quote
Hello!
Last week I made the silly decision to try and clean my lense from dust..
I thought I would give it a shot myself .. I was mistaken..

I couldn't find somebody to clean it for a decent price and this lense is nice but not worth the expense..

The lense is SMC Pentax-FA 100mm F3.5 Macro

I have tried to find out how to put it back together again but couldn't find anything online.
Can anybody help?
QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
Geez, I did the same mistake when my copy started to have some fungus. It took me almost 3 hours to put it back but was not able to clean and take-out the fungus. The fungus was at the inner part of the lens and it was hard to reach it w/out dis-assembling the whole lens. I had a hard time putting back the bearing that came loose as soon as I opened the lens. Luckily I had put it back together w/ the auto-focus still working. I swear I would not disassemble another AF lens. That was about 3 years ago and I don't remember how the inner parts look like now. Sorry, that I can't help you and I know the frustration involved in not to be able to assemble the darn lens back.
i think you should send your lenses to some one who can reassembly, i know it's pay but it's better than you can't use your lenses
12-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I know it's too late to lock the barn after the horse is already out, but light dust is unlikely to seriously affect your image quality and fungus can be killed with a few minutes exposure to bright sunlight. I have been tempted to disassemble lenses too but have so far resisted the temptation. I might at some point if it's a lens that would be less expensive to replace than to have serviced. Good luck.

12-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you post some pictures of the disassembled parts? I've disassembled and reassembled the FA 50mm macro in the past, and if this one has a similar design, I might be able to walk you through it.
12-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for offering to help!
I 'll post a photo as soon as a get the lense back from a friend that offered to fix it and couldn't.