Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

cactus V4 Flash Trigger

Hi guys, i recently bought the cactus flash trigger V4 for my K5 and AF540. I had a no name brand before and it worked great but lost the reciever! Now onto cactus and it SUCKS! It may fire once out of 8, 9 shots if I'm lucky. I brought it in to Henrys, a photography store and they looked it over settings were all good, batteries are brand new, Cant figure this out.. if anyone has any tricks up there sleeve I'm ready to hear them!! Thanks!

12-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the cactus V5, do you have the slave within line of sight? It is also very picky on the battery (probably have to do with voltage - alkaline works fine but NiMH rechargeable sometimes doesn't).
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Line of sight shouldn't matter, (I never had a problem before) but yes its only a few feet away. Batteries are alkaline from the dealer!.. Maybe different codes work better than others? Codes as in the pin code on trigger and receiver.
12-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got fed up with the v4. Mine were very inconsistent too. It seemed like there were dead spots where it wouldn't work. Especially if I was too close. My v5 however are very consistent.

12-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
yeah exactly, i wish i could find another of the first kind i had, it was cheap and worked well!!! I contacted the company anyways, see what happens, nothing im sure but you never know!!!
12-12-2014, 02:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know about V4's but V5's are fantastic. Totally reliable even over a long distance.