Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

My Yongnuo Yn560Tx is stuck backwards!!

My yongnuo yn560tx is stuck on my k3 flash mount, Backwards! So now i can't use it. I was talking to someone while putting it on and i put it on backwards...

Anyone had that experience before?

12-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From Brooke Meyer review of the RF -603II (similar problem) -
"9. Stupidly put Yongnou 603 II C1 Canon Transceiver on K5IIs body backwards. Spring loaded pin drops into locking hole.
10. Slap forehead and destructively disassemble Yongnou 603 II C1 Canon Transceiver on K5IIs body."

If you can get a right angled screwdriver onto the base screws you may be able to separate base from the the body of the controller and possibly access the pin that has fallen into the locking hole used by the Pentax flash.
Sorry I can't help further....
12-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
From Brooke Meyer review of the RF -603II (similar problem) -
"9. Stupidly put Yongnou 603 II C1 Canon Transceiver on K5IIs body backwards. Spring loaded pin drops into locking hole.
10. Slap forehead and destructively disassemble Yongnou 603 II C1 Canon Transceiver on K5IIs body."

If you can get a right angled screwdriver onto the base screws you may be able to separate base from the the body of the controller and possibly access the pin that has fallen into the locking hole used by the Pentax flash.
Sorry I can't help further....
Thanks I'll try that.
12-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
is the pin plastic or metal?

It might just shear off if it's plastic.

12-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by link81 Quote
is the pin plastic or metal?

It might just shear off if it's plastic.
It's definately metal, i pulled with all my might, still won't come off.
12-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ah, bummer
12-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they are like the pins on Pentax flashes they are spring loaded so it can slide on.
Get a thin feeler gauge or similar material.
If you can find one narrow enough to fit into the ramp in the center of the hotshoe rear then you may be able to slide it under the pins to lift them out of the way of the lock hole.

12-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fatrabbit Quote
My yongnuo yn560tx is stuck on my k3 flash mount, Backwards! So now i can't use it. I was talking to someone while putting it on and i put it on backwards...

Anyone had that experience before?
What keeps it from coming off? Could you push a thin feeler gauge like you use with spark plugs under it to lift up any protrusions that might be locking it in place?
12-12-2014, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All respect to the other posters but I don't think a feeler will work as the pin radius is below where the feeler gauge would contact - see below (excuse quality)
Attached Images

12-12-2014, 04:09 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have just pulled the mount off my 560-TX controller and the following (bad) pics explain how to get the controller mount apart (the right angle screwdriver will be the fiddly part)
Attached Images

12-13-2014, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
I have just pulled the mount off my 560-TX controller and the following (bad) pics explain how to get the controller mount apart (the right angle screwdriver will be the fiddly part)
thanks Ak_kiwi,

I used your method, it works! I had to break one of the screw holes, because i couldn't get the screw drier to fit. I had to remove the base from the transmitter. I could put it all back together so that is good!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Love you all!
12-13-2014, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fatrabbit Quote
thanks Ak_kiwi,

I used your method, it works! I had to break one of the screw holes, because i couldn't get the screw drier to fit. I had to remove the base from the transmitter. I could put it all back together so that is good!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Love you all!
Congrats on the save! I'm sure you won't make that mistake again
12-13-2014, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Thanks for the warning. I'd never thought about this scenario before. I'll have to look at my genuine Pentax flashes to see if they'd do the same. Maybe I've been lucky to have never done it.
12-13-2014, 02:50 PM - 3 Likes   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I filled up the camera locking pin hole with glue after reading a lot of locking pin threads. It's reversible if I ever want to.
12-14-2014, 02:45 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I filled up the camera locking pin hole with glue after reading a lot of locking pin threads. It's reversible if I ever want to.
Yeah sounds like a very good idea filling that flash pin hole.
This flash locking pin scenario reminds me me of that lens locking pin story about certain lenses that weld to your camera body if you use them
Just trying to remember the company that came up with the design...........