Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #1

K-50 Control Lever diaphragm stuck. The Flash fires when it is closed.

K-50 Control Lever diaphragm stuck. The Flash fires when it is closed.

It is a great camera, with which you get great photos, but unfortunately, my copy of the camera after a week of use began to fail: the viewfinder look blurry and is always making a sound, the same that is heard when the mirror is raised. When this happens you can not take any photos

Sometimes fix it, but then returns to fail. The problem is that the "control lever of the diaphragm", which is in the camera body, gets stuck and cannot close the shutter; due to this, the mirror can not return to its normal position; overexposed images are obtained; always the viewfinder looks blurred.

To fix the problem you have to remove the lens and gently touch the control lever diaphragm to return to its normal position. The camera freezes and you have to remove the battery and put back to work normally.

Another problem - I don't know if this related - is that sometimes the flash fires - being down, closed-; the small plastic diffuser now looks brown.

The camera has one year international warranty, but in Mexico the Pentax service does not pay the international guarantees. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it or what to do? Thank you very much!

The camera has one year international warranty, but in Mexico, the Pentax service, is not responsible for international guarantees.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it or what to do?

Thank you!

12-13-2014, 02:54 AM   #2

If I were you I would upgrade the firmware. There are instructions on the web, it's easy.

Last edited by misomosi; 12-13-2014 at 07:23 AM.
12-13-2014, 03:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by misomosi Quote
I were you I would upgrade the firmware. There are instructions on the web, it's easy.
I updated it in the early days when it began fail ... did not work.
The camera was fixed by itself, and succeeded; for a period it worked well, but fails again. After observing the camera - without the lens - I knew what the problem is and how to repair momentarily. Over time, this solution is becoming ineffective. Sometimes I can take 30 -40 min trying to take a picture. Gradually it becomes a brick.
12-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Worth contacting people you bought it from maybe they can help

12-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Meridio Quote
The camera has one year international warranty, but in Mexico the Pentax service does not pay the international guarantees. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it or what to do?
There have been other reports of issues with the diaphragm actuator controller on the K-30 and more recently on the K-50. The fix involves a hardware replacement and is not something that can be addressed by firmware or user settings.

As noted above, I would contact the seller for refund or replacement. If that is not possible, your international warranty should have instructions on the certificate. Ricoh Imaging Americas has distribution rights in the Americas outside of Canada and this page on their support site may be helpful:

http://es.us.ricoh-imaging.com/support#!warranty-information

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-13-2014 at 10:44 AM.
12-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Steve, then a i have no choice but to resort to the warranty in Canada; It was here that I bought the camera..

The other way is to request a card for the international warranty and then it can be repaired in another place.

Thank you very much everyone for your help.