Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
I actually don't have a smart phone-- I mean, that's money I could use for camera lenses!
Good point. Work pays for mine, that's my excuse.

12-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Beware that with the O-GPS1, extreme wide angle lenses will still exhibit trailing around the images, since the sensor can only move in a flat plane, rather than sidereally.
From your experience, what is a recommended exposure time for wide lens (16mm) to prevent trails when used with the O-GPS1?
12-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately, basically the same as what you'd want without the astrotracer, so no more than 30 seconds to a minute.

QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
From your experience, what is a recommended exposure time for wide lens (16mm) to prevent trails when used with the O-GPS1?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, 15mm, 50mm, batteries, camera, capability, exposures, f/1.8, f/2, f/2.8, f/4, hours, image, images, kit, mount, pentax help, photography, photoshop, post, shutter, sky, star, thanks, trip, troubleshooting