Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #1

Pentax FluCard problem. Help!

I'm new here so hopefully I am doing this correctly. I just upgraded my K10D to the K3 with the Pentax Flu Card Pro O-FC1. I was able to set it up and log in to change the password but every time I try live view to see what my camera sees on my Motorola tablet with android version 4.0.4, I just get a message saying "The page at 'http://pentax' says: The operation could not be completed correctly". I have changed frequencies to see if that would help but no such luck. I am using Chrome for my browser as per the limited instruction and I have an excellent single strength. Any ideas to help me solve the problem? I want to use this out in the field where there is no wifi or cell reception and I like the idea of remote viewing and control.

12-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In Menu 3 -> Live View, make sure that Composition Adjust is unchecked. This should be a sticky in the K3 Live View section.
12-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
In Menu 3 -> Live View, make sure that Composition Adjust is unchecked. This should be a sticky in the K3 Live View section.
Thanks for the tip but that wasn't enough. I unchecked it and still get the same black screen. I see the slide switch from AF to camera, the button to take a photo, and the square that marks where to focus with tablet in portrait orientation. I can move the focus square and hear the camera refocus. I can snap a photo by touching the button on the screen and the photo flashes on the screen (in the lower left 1/4 of the black screen) for a second. I do not see any other controls or readings on my screen in either orientation but there is a grey area in portrait orientation where the information should be. If I touch the play on my camera it says "Remote capture activated" but it doesn't show on my tablet. It is obvious that the two are talking to each other so I must have something set wrong still. I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have that much hair in the first place.
12-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by averageJoe Quote
Thanks for the tip but that wasn't enough. I unchecked it and still get the same black screen. I see the slide switch from AF to camera, the button to take a photo, and the square that marks where to focus with tablet in portrait orientation. I can move the focus square and hear the camera refocus. I can snap a photo by touching the button on the screen and the photo flashes on the screen (in the lower left 1/4 of the black screen) for a second. I do not see any other controls or readings on my screen in either orientation but there is a grey area in portrait orientation where the information should be. If I touch the play on my camera it says "Remote capture activated" but it doesn't show on my tablet. It is obvious that the two are talking to each other so I must have something set wrong still. I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have that much hair in the first place.
New development. I don't know why it makes a difference or if it will help solve my problem (at least my camera problem), but this time when I first connected I had the tablet in portrait orientation and all the controls and readings came up like they are meant to, except for the black screen where there should be a picture. When I turned the tablet to landscape, everything turned and the controls were all showing, even though they shouldn't have, for about 10 seconds then they disappeared and wouldn't come back even when I turned it back to portrait until I reconnected. I just received the camera and card this week (new) and I picked up the tablet (used Motorola Xoom 10.1" MZ604) on eBay this week just to use with the camera so maybe it a tablet thing.

12-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
Problem solved! The tablet that I bought used Android 4.0 and it needs to be Android 4.2 or newer. Since I couldn't upgrade the tablet I bought another tablet with Android 4.2 and now everything works. This is going to be very helpful but it will ruin some of my wife's fun. She likes to get shots of me taking photos because I am always looking for a new angle and end up contorted in precarious positions to see through the viewfinder. In fact, in one of my photos that sold on the local PBS art auction, I had to compose it blind because I couldn't see through the view finder at all. To get the shot my tripod and I were wedged in a 12" gap between room sized boulders with the back of my camera up against the bigger boulder. With this, I won't have that problem anymore and viewing on a bigger screen and zooming in will help me to fine tune the focus better too. I also bought a clear dry bag for the tablet so that I can use it without removing it from the dry bag and use it in the rain or snow with out the tablet getting ruined. I didn't seem to smart to have a weather proof camera with a tablet remote that wasn't weather proof.