Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #1

Diopter K-30

Only just registered here and I already have a problem to post about... It seems the diopter adjustment slide on my K-30 is broken.

I don't think I have ever touched it after setting it the very first time, but I managed to move it inadvertently today after removing the eye cup for a moment to clean. Now it's completely out of focus and moving it back doesn't do anything unfortunately.

Could anyone confirm that that plastic slide is supposed to have some sort of plastic fork that goes into the body? If so, mine seems to have broken off.

Kind of crappy since I'm away from home without an option to send it in for repairs for another three weeks. If someone has had this happen before, is there any workaround I can use in the meantime to change the diopter? I don't want to be restricted to Live View if I can help it.

12-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, what horrible luck, I've never heard of this one. If you put pressure (or maybe a little outward pressure) on it will it move anything? If it is not attached does it come out? If it does come out maybe you can stick a tiny screwdriver or knife point or something in and make the adjustment. Good luck
12-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah, the slide just falls off if you remove the eyecup. I might give it a try with something small to stick in there, but is there anything else inside there I could damage?

---------- Post added 30-12-14 at 11:04 ----------

Tried editing, but since my account is still too young I will have to make this a seperate post... :P.

I took a chance and stuck a knifepoint in there. The viewfinder is back in focus now . I might send it in when I get back home, the camera is still within warranty for another 2-3 months. So hopefully that covers this issue as well. Otherwise I will just leave it as I don't need to adjust it anymore.
12-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Intrance Quote
Yeah, the slide just falls off if you remove the eyecup. I might give it a try with something small to stick in there, but is there anything else inside there I could damage?

---------- Post added 30-12-14 at 11:04 ----------

Tried editing, but since my account is still too young I will have to make this a seperate post... :P.

I took a chance and stuck a knifepoint in there. The viewfinder is back in focus now . I might send it in when I get back home, the camera is still within warranty for another 2-3 months. So hopefully that covers this issue as well. Otherwise I will just leave it as I don't need to adjust it anymore.
Good!